During the Madrid food and drink tour you will discover a local Spanish food experience and enjoy the unique way locals eat out.
You'll walk through the Madrid streets where each and every corner has a story to tell. Eating a famous deep fried squid sandwich, taste Spanish cheeses and hams, seasonal sweet, traditional cakes, local wine and other alcohols, and our secret dish and much more!
At the end of your tour, you'll have sampled some of Madrid's most delicious dishes and gained a better understanding of the cities cuisine, culture and history.
Duration 3-3½ hours with 5\6 stops & 12 people max.
01-Oct-23 - 31-Dec-23
01-Jan-24 - 31-Mar-24
01-Apr-24 - 30-Jun-24
01-Jul-24 - 30-Sep-24
Traditional Madrid food & drink tour route
- You'll start in a historic pastry shop to enjoy a seasonal pastry.
- Followed by a visit to a deli over 180 years old, here we'll sample two types of Iberian ham, manchego cheese and extra virgin olive oil.
- You'll dine on a classic deep fried squid sandwich, a local favorite.
- We'll eat one outstanding tapa and share a bottle of Spanish cider.
- Taste a vermouth with the tapa of the day, a favourite with the locals.
- Finish the tour inside a restaurant that is located inside an 18th century building with a piece of Spanish omelette.
- Secret dish that changes every day.
- Great food is made even better with the perfect drink pairing.
- A complete food & drink experience to understand the history of Spanish cuisine.
- Enjoy the most typical Madrid foods & drinks in a single tasting experience.
- Get recommendations of other bars, cafes and restaurants to visit during remainder of your trip.
What is included\is not included
- Seasonal pastry
- 2 types of Manchego cheese
- 2 types of Iberian ham
- Deep fried squid sandwich
- Patatas bravas
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Deep fried pork rashers
- Spanish omelette
- Our delicious Secret Dish
- Authentic Spanish Cider
- Spanish Red or White Wine or Sangria
- Local Beer
- Handcrafted chocolate / coffee or tea
- Non-alcoholic options
Additional tastings of food or drinks can be purchased by tour guests at their own expense or upgrading the tour.
Madrid Food Tour Meeting Point
Meet outside metro Sol (lines 1, 2 and 3), at the "Oso y Madroño" statue, in front of the Apple store.