Our Chicago food tour is an experience to enjoy a variety of foods with culinary influences from the people who built this city.
You'll experience all the city's biggest food hits, many dishes with roots dating back over 150 years. This moving feast incorporates a walk through some of the city's world-renowned architecture and public art in the famed Chicago Loop District.
Experience the famous deep pizza dish, taste the amazing Italian beef sandwich, enjoy gourmet popcorn, and lots of other treats plus our mouth-watering secret dish.
Duration 3-3½ hours with 6 stops & 12 people max.
01-Oct-23 - 31-Dec-23
01-Jan-24 - 31-Mar-24
01-Apr-24 - 30-Jun-24
01-Jul-24 - 30-Sep-24
Typical Chicago food loved by locals tour route
- We'll begin our journey with a slice of deep dish pizza, a marvel of flavor and engineering.
- A visit to the Harold Washington library is next as you bask in the majesty of the city's Postmodern cathedral of books.
- Did someone say Oprah? At our next stop, you'll discover one of her "favourite things" - freshly popped gourmet popcorn!
- After which, it's time to devour a classic Chicago-style hotdog topped with all the fixings. (No ketchup allowed!)
- Sears or Willis? It depends on who you ask! Discover our delicious secret dish inside what used to be the world's tallest building.
- Of course, no visit to Chicago would be complete without sampling our famous Italian Beef sandwich.
- And, finally, did you know that the brownie was invented here? At our last stop you'll hear about its creation and indulge in a modern version of this tasty Chicago treat!
- A complete food & drink experience to understand the history of Chicago cuisine.
- Enjoy the most typical food loved by Chicago locals in a single tasting experience.
- Get recommendations of other bars, cafes and restaurants to visit during remainder of your trip.
What is included\is not included
- Deep dish pizza with sausage
- Gourmet popcorn
- Chicago-style hot dog
- Italian beef sandwich
- Our delicious Secret Dish
Additional tastings of food or drinks can be purchased by tour guests at their own expense or upgrading the tour.
Chicago Food Tour Meeting Point
Met at Gino's East Pizzeria, 521 S Dearborn Street, Chicago, IL 60605